Nicor Gas Economic Redevelopment Program
The Nicor Gas Economic Redevelopment Program offers technical assistance and financial incentives for energy-efficient upgrades and renovations in existing commercial, industrial, and multifamily buildings.
The program focuses on serving communities that are in need of economic revitalization. In addition, the program assists businesses and organizations anywhere in the Nicor Gas service territory that create community benefits. This includes projects that provide affordable housing, offer community services, create jobs, provide health care, or redevelop vacant or contaminated commercial and industrial sites. With help from the Nicor Gas Economic Redevelopment Program, investing in energy-efficient building improvements can be easy and affordable.
Download the program overview and application here:
Services and Incentives
Design Analysis and technical assistance
This program offers expert technical assistance and extensive guidance throughout the process of identifying and completing energy-efficiency improvements. Services provided by a team of professional energy engineers and building designers include:
- A complete evaluation of the project and design documents.
- A report detailing recommended energy-efficiency technologies and systems, estimated savings, and available incentives.
- Assistance in applying for additional incentives
- Design review and construction oversight to
- ensure quality results.
- Technical consulting, design, and engineering assistance (estimated $20,000 value) provided at no cost
- Financial incentives of $0.65 per therm saved
- (up to $100,000) per project based on the performance of energy-efficient upgrades
- Financial incentives for design teams
How to Apply
To apply for this program or for more information, go to NicorGasRebates.com/economic or contact the Nicor Gas Economic Redevelopment Program team at 773.328.7040 or ERP@cntenergy.org. Click here to download a printer friendly application.
For information additional Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Programs, visit NicorGasRebates.com.
This program is open to commercial, industrial facilities and large multifamily buildings served by Nicor Gas. To qualify, projects should fit the following guidelines:
- Promote economic redevelopment in Enterprise Zones, Tax Increment Financing (TIF) districts or other economically challenged areas. Projects that create jobs, offer social services or provide affordable housing may qualify even if they are not located within these areas.
- The facility to be improved must be at least 10,000 square feet.
- Projects must be early in the design process and the planning stages of selecting components and systems to be improved. Projects nearing completion
The actual incentives and total value of technical assistance provided are based on the scope of the project, measures implemented and therms saved.
The Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program is a multi-year program funded by Nicor Gas ratepayers in compliance with state law through a small charge identified on bills as “Energy Program.” Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program offers are available on a first-come, firstserved basis. This offer is subject to change or termination without notice at the discretion of the Economic Redevelopment Program. Public entities (taxpayer-funded facilities) and self-directed customers are not eligible to participate.
The Nicor Gas Economic Redevelopment Program is a Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program offering administered by the Energy Center of Wisconsin and CNT Energy. Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program offers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. This offer is subject to change or termination without notice at the discretion of the Economic Redevelopment Program.